Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm your host, your ghost host with the most. . .


Welcome one, welcome all to this, the very first in what will hopefully be many posts of one woman’s reflections upon the world of horror culture. I can already hear the gears of your thoughts grinding, trying to grasp the notion of “horror culture”, so to spare your poor brain from spontaneously combusting (let’s be honest, spontaneous human combustion is only amusing when there are others to observe it)let’s just say that this blog will be entirely dedicated to the genre known as horror in all it’s glorious formats. Be it films, books, art, music or just a way of thinking, I will be covering any aspect of the genre that I can get my grubby little hands on, then putting on here in delicious little bite sized chunks, just for your consuming pleasure.

Originally this was going to be a blog entirely dedicated to the cinematic representation of horror, with the rather catchy sub heading of “Watching shitty horror movies, so you don’t have to!”, but then it dawned on me that by limiting myself to just one medium, I was limiting my excuse to submerge myself in entire worlds of terror and fear. . . .and where’s the fun in the fright if all five of your senses aren’t being tortured to their full capacity?

So, pull up a chair and your favourite blanket, as I take you to places you never wanted to go to and experience things which will haunt you until you end of days. . . or check out and laugh at how worked up a five foot three woman can get over what no one else would even give five minutes of their time for.

Your host,

Alba Dellamorta

(If you find any tasty nuggets of a horror type flavour that you think I should bear witness to then, more than likely dissect with a ruthless fervor, don’t hesitate to contact me at: AlbaDellamorta@gmail.com You will be mentioned in the blog for your contribution, loved to within an inch of your life and quite possibly spared when I take over the world)

1 comment:

  1. Could you explain to the uninitiated the difference between horror and suspense films(i.e. stalk/slash films)?

    ReplyDelete